I. Prioritize Your Tasks
Simple improvements made over the long term will continue to push you closer to your goal.
- Create a task List
- A to-do list isn’t enough. You need to figure out which items are essential, and which aren’t important at all.
- Task need to align with goals
- Use your online tools like creating you daily/weekly task using evernote and use google calendar to schedule your appointments and tasks.
- Essential items that you need to do!
- 7-10 items (The Backburner)
- If you have more than 7-10 tasks, you need to trim your list, take out the tasks you do every day
- What to do with the backburner tasks?
- Choose a day
- Choose a time each day
- Make a secondary list
- Ranked according to importance.
- Ask yourself, “If I do just one thing today, what should it be?” and put this at the top of your list. Repeat this and you’ll end up with a list of things you must do in order of importance.
- Refining your List
- Rank Items – create a scoring and ranking system
- Set Deadlines for everything – set a deadline for everything you must do and make it specific to a time of day.
- Categorize by work areas – categorize work-related and personal tasks.
- Categorize by time – create categories by time of day, or small to-do lists for each part of the day.
- Break up big tasks – anything longer than a day, break it up into daily milestones and put into your to-do lists.